Proper Standing Posture
Although standing is something we do everyday most of us have never really given “the art of proper standing” a second thought. Many people are actually unaware that their standing habits can contribute to their back and neck problems.
If you’re one of those people, the following “general standing guidelines” should help you out.
General Rules For Standing
- maintain a straight spine rather than slouching to the side
- avoid slouching forward or hyperextending
- keep the chin up with the head centered over the shoulders
- keep the feet slightly less than shoulder width apart
- keep the knees slightly bent
- wear comfortable shoes and leave the heels at home
- avoid standing still for long periods of time, rather, sit down or move around